The laboratory setup SCT-LAB has everything to make your life easy for fast crystallization screening. The batch type approach allows fast screening whilst assuring low product consumption.
The SCT-LAB setup fits in all classic fume hoods, isolators, confined spaces, and so on. Inter-test cleaning of the reactor setup is easy and straightforward. Different types of mixers exist for cooling and antisolvent crystallization experiments.
Using the SCT-LAB allows the study of correct polymorph nucleation, operational zonewidth determination, test reproducibility and influence of parameter variability, robustness of ruling conditions, yield, and many more.
- Unit dimensions: 920 x 330 x 255 cm³ (L x W x H)
- 20 mL stainless steel syringes (interchangeable)
- Preheated solution bottle and syringe (25 to 85°C)
- Precooled antisolvent addition side (5 to 85°C)
- 6 different mixers available
- Temperature controlled reactor container (0 to 60°C)
- 5 different nucleation reactors available
- Single-use, easily connected system to syringes and outlet
- Flow rates: 1 to 60 mL/min, independent operated pumps
- Standalone software
A highly controlled process
Unlike any alternative process, the Secoya crystallization technology is based on the precise control of spontaneous nucleation through the use of millifluidic tubular reactors upon cooling and different antisolvent addition possibilities. Using such capillaries, any parameter influencing the nucleation is ideally optimized and controlled.
Secoya’s crystallization technology is unique, enabling crystallization of molecules in a single process step avoiding difficult work-up when performed with conventional batch systems.